In case you don't remember much about 1979 and 1980:
- There were no popular books available on orcas, only the old horror stories about Killer Whales. "The Whale Called Killer" by Erich Hoyt wouldn't be published until 1981
- There was no World Wide Web. The internet was still an experiment called ARPANET.
- There were no cell phones. Portable phones were expensive and bulky, usually installed in a car
- There were no digital cameras. Personal video recorders were large and bulky, recording to tape cassettes
- The IBM PC wouldn't be introduced until 1981
- There was no such thing as "going viral"